Thursday 30 April 2009

Guard Passing. As I mentioned before guard passing is not a strong part of my game. I maybe need to look at the whole concept to try and develop a system of passing that works for me. When people try and defend the pass, they either use their top leg to shrimp away or pass it over you to replace so it would make sense to try and disable the top leg before attempting the pass. I am going to look at ways of using the Gi to immobilise the top leg. It should work in theory. Also if you have the lapel trapping the leg it would prevent the guy on the bottom from stretching out and creating space


I have tried and continue to attempt the thigh trap pass but it is not a high percentage pass for me at the moment, also the knee through is good but i have to be tighter to my opponent, as soon as I try and rush it it goes to pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment